Wednesday, October 17, 2012

vs. Golda Och

10.17.12

Sadly, I wasn't at the game today but from hearing about it the game sounds like it went amazing! Coach Nicholls recalled the MS Girls Soccer team playing their best yet around the first couple minutes. The winning score was 6-1 congrats! 

Carlin Interview:

Q:What did you think about the game?
A: I think it went really well. We definitely improved on all the skills we have been working on. We found space and held our positions. We passed very nicely. I know that there are still things to work on because no body is perfect. For example, I missed da lot of my shots and was called off sides a few times. 

Q: As an eighth grader, what are your goals for this season?
A: Well, I definitely want to be a good leader. Many of the girls on our team are either new to the school or new to the team. I want to help everyone learn and become better, and I believe that they will help me progress as a soccer player too.

Q. What do you think were some of the highlights in the game?
A: I think that all the goals were great and showed effort and ability. I especially enjoyed Jane's goal because first of all, it was a great run and cross made by Destiny and you could tell Jane had a great urgency to get the ball when it was in open space. LK also had a few beautiful saves in goal. 

Sarah H Interview:

Q: How do you feel about the game? 
A: I think we did really well. We just need to be a little bit more vocal but other wise it was a really good game! 

Q: What are your goals for the next few years of MS Soccer?
A: Maybe try to score a goal or improve my defensive skills

Q: What do you think were some of the highlights of the game?
A: Really glad that Julia was vocal and Destiny, Jane and Carlin made a great effort. Glad for everyone that scored a goal! 


  

Julia Parker '20 showed great leadership in sweeper and continuously communicated with all the players on the field. Jane Anderson-Schmitt '20 scored with an assist from Destiny Ingram '20. Mia Reyes '18 scored twice. Sydney Rose '20 , Destiny Ingram '20, Carlin Schildge '17 scored once. Great job Rams!

 Photo creds to Coach Tucker!

d
 Yay Julia!




10 comments:

  1. I thought that we did well for most of the first half. Although not 100 percent of our passes were on target, the ideas were there. We just need to work on first touch and through balls/timing the run.

    Great Game Rams!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we did very well for our game against this team. We improved with most things, although there were a few bumps in the road, I thought we did an excellent job.
    Great Job Rams

    ReplyDelete
  3. An exceptional start to the game. Y'all should be proud of yourselves.

    We need to make our awareness of positioning, first touch and defending strongly our top priority. We can put this into real practice and see how far we have come when we play Kent Place who dominated us in our first game.

    There are not too many games left. We are beginning to peak and see it all come together the way it should be!! Keep it strong and believe in yourselves!! Coach T and I know that when you apply yourselves as individuals and a TEAM, you are all capable of great things.

    We are seeing players emerge as leaders. We want a TEAM of LEADERS!! 11 voices on the field!

    Lets do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and to add - Julia, you are standing out from the crowd. Carlin, congratulations on executing your task that was set to you by the coaches. Sarah IV - your touch (and positioning) was 1 million percent better today, Sydney R - FINALLY!!, Destiny - FINALLY!! keep it up all of you! You ladies are making the coaches look good!!

      Delete
    2. You are right Coach Nicholls. I improved myself at positioning and passing the ball because I encouraged myself to finally get a goal. Maybe I gotta wait a little more until I finally score a goal.

      Delete
  4. Guys we did really well in the first 22 minutes we weren't as good in the second half but we didn't bunch very much good job RAMS 6-1 should be some positive encouragement.��

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did much better with positoins and communication. Lets keep it up and we will always do this well GO RAMS !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is everyone for tomorrow's game? I am looking forward to continued improvement with positioning as well as opening up and moving into the space as well as communication!

    Go Rams!
    Coach T

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it was a great game for everyone! The defense was strong and Julia did an amazing job leading the team! The offense for Golda Och never made it around the defense, and even if the did get a shot on goal, we were able to trust the Sam and Lauren would save it, which they did. Our offense was beating the defenders, passing nicely, and got many shots on goal. We all improved on the skills we had been working n, which is deffinately a good thing. Julia set a great example because she was non-stop communicating with not only defense, but every player on the field! I'm really proud of our team. If we keep up the good work we will end the season with a lot more wins than we started with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really happy that we won that game. I no that some people thought that it was going to be really hard because they were big. Don't be scared by there size.

    Those first 22 mins were amazing!!!!!!!!

    Go Julia for her loud voice!!!!!! keep on using it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete